Re: [css3] Proposal: Additional adjacent combinator (E - F)

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:30:35 +0100 (MET)
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Hi Ian,

> Your suggestion breaks a fundamental tennet of Selectors up to now, namely
> that the last element mentioned in the selector chain is the one that
> matches the selector.

I also thought about this issue (though not absolutely referring of the
tenet you mentioned), and I initially wanted to suggest anything like 'E < F',
but this seemed misleadingly analog to the child selector, I guess.

> Personally to solve this I prefer my :matches() proposal. See:
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Apr/0146.html

Well, am I right assuming that the problem I outlined is solved by e.g.

    h1:has(h1 > div)

or do I got it wrong? -- If that's correct, I of course favor this
suggestion as a more than appropriate replacement for the 'E - F' idea ;)

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert