Re: [css3] Proposal: Additional adjacent combinator (E - F)

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:38:50 +0100 (MET)
To: Daniel Glazman <danielglazman@easyconnect.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> >   E - F
> >   An element E whose adjacent sibling F immediately
> >   follows it
>
> Oh, don't worry, it makes **a lot** of sense. What you
> really want here is to make the subject of the selector
> E + F   become E instead of F.

That's right, I didn't express it that clean.

> I proposed that eons ago [...]

I suspected something like this ;)

> It was even included in the very first draft of CSS 3
> selectors but was later removed due to implementation
> considerations.

IMO the principle Ian mentioned is a strong reason against such a selector,
but I also think it's the easiest way to implement that 'functionality'.
Basically, I'm glad if there was at least *one* solution for this case, so I
accept a way via ':has' and ':matches' pseudo classes as well.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert