From: Brian V Bonini [mailto:b-bonini@cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 1:54 PM
To: Kynn Bartlett
Cc: Braxton Beyer; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: browser switch campaign

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 13:20, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
> On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 07:20 AM, Brian V Bonini wrote:
> > Bravo for trying! However, it's my contention that the average MS/IE
> > user has an IQ approximately equivalent to their age and will thus
> > be immediately discombobulated and mistake your explanation for
> > nothing more than jargon.
>
> That's an amazingly rude and arrogant thing to say.

Since the original site is a web dev firm chances are the target audience is
there to solicit services they are incapable of accomplishing themselves.
Thus discussion of things like alpha transparencies in png images and W3
recommendations will most likely at the very least be of little interest. A
look at the internals of most sites should make it immediately apparent that
most people are either unaware, do not understand, or simply do not care
about these issues.

Anyway, the IQ statement was a joke. Lighten up Francis and move along,
nothing to see here.

--
Brian        GnuPG -> KeyID: 0x04A4F0DC | URL: www.gfx-design.com/keys
                                          Key Server: pgp.mit.edu