browser switch campaign

From: Braxton Beyer <bbeyer@wellheard.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:11:21 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

I have just added a message to my website, wellheard.com, notifying WinIE users that their browsers will not render the site correctly as the site uses PNGs with alpha transparency.  I then give them a link explaining why they should not use IE and the benefits of upgrading to another browser.  My qeustion is has anyone ever done this and what was their experience.  I would like feedback and comments.  Why isn't their a browser switch campaign like their was a browser upgrade campaign by webstandards.org.

--
Braxton Beyer
WellHeard.com