Re: browser switch campaign

From: Brian V Bonini <b-bonini@cox.net>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 13:54:54 -0500
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: Braxton Beyer <bbeyer@wellheard.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 13:20, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
> On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 07:20 AM, Brian V Bonini wrote:
> > Bravo for trying! However, it's my contention that the average MS/IE
> > user has an IQ approximately equivalent to their age and will thus be
> > immediately discombobulated and mistake your explanation for nothing
> > more than jargon.
>
> That's an amazingly rude and arrogant thing to say.

Since the original site is a web dev firm chances are the target
audience is there to solicit services they are incapable of
accomplishing themselves. Thus discussion of things like alpha
transparencies in png images and W3 recommendations will most likely at
the very least be of little interest. A look at the internals of most
sites should make it immediately apparent that most people are either
unaware, do not understand, or simply do not care about these issues.

Anyway, the IQ statement was a joke. Lighten up Francis and move along,
nothing to see here.

--
Brian        GnuPG -> KeyID: 0x04A4F0DC | URL: www.gfx-design.com/keys
                                          Key Server: pgp.mit.edu