Re: [CSS21] response to issue 115 (and 44)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:41:31 -0500
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>, www-style@w3.org

> So, one stylesheet referred to from two different documents with
> different encodings, might get processed two different ways?

If want your sheet to be processed the same way no matter what, add a @charset
rule or have your server send a charset in the HTTP headers.... if you don't
we're just guessing.

I suppose we could just specify such sheets as invalid and refuse to process
them

Or specify that they are UTF-8 (a la XML).

Both would break most pages out there.

Boris
--
"This isn't right.  This isn't even wrong."

                -- Wolfgang Pauli on a paper submitted
                   by a physicist colleague