Re: recommendations to css3 draft ...

From: Justin Wood <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:53:53 -0400
To: Brian Hunger <thebrunger@yahoo.com>, W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

Brian Hunger wrote:

>i think a 'highlight' attbibute would be nice to.
>when someone selects some text (for copy and paste),
>it's annoying how browsers stick to certain colors for
>highlighting text, like 'windows dark blue' on a black
>page ... you can't even read what you just
>highlighted.  giving browsers a color rule for
>highlighting text would eliminate this problem.

This already exists, see the CSS3 Selection Module `::selection`
mozilla does not yet support it when specified the official way, but we
are working to it (if mozilla you may test via `::-moz-selection`;  but
do not count on that selector staying in our parser, or on it being
stable, there is a reason we are leaving it like that for now)

~Justin Wood