Re: recommendations to css3 draft ...

In our embeddable HTML rendering engine we are using:

For gradient background:

background-color: color1 color2 color3 color4;

where colorN is color of top-left, top-right, bottom-right and bottom-left
corner colors.

For expandable (and stretchable) background images we are using:

background-image:url(backgrounds/stretchable.png);
background-position:15px 15px 15px 15px; /*left top right bottom edges*/
background-repeat:expand; /* HTMEngine specific */

To achieve backgrounds like these:
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/backgrounds.png

To see such backgrounds alive you may download HTMEngine v.3.0
application from:
http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/HTMEngineDemo.zip (about 500k)
and load /samples.htm/backgrounds.htm into demo exe provided.

Our goal is to build compact as possible html renderer (currently binary is
about 600k)
- so implementation of even SVG core is not an option for us.

This message is not a recommendation nor a proposal - this stuff was already
discussed here.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com