Re: Wording issue in definition of line-height

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> The definition of line-height [1] says:
> This doesn't make it clear what the "minimal height" mentioned actually
> does.  As far as I can tell, the line box height calculation algorithm
> [2] should include another step:
>
>   4.  If the resulting height is smaller than the minimal height of line
>       boxes for this block, as specified by the __line-height__
>       property, the height is increased to be said minimal height.

> There is the issue of specifying exactly what happens to the baseline
> and what happens to vertical alignment when step 4 is applied as above.
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-line-height
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#line-height

"The minimum height consist of a minimum height above the block's baseline
  and a minimum depth below it, **exactly as if each line box starts with a
  zero-width inline box with the block's font and line height properties**"

This is not enough?

*suspects going with the root inline model would clarify a lot of things*

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact