Re: Wording issue in definition of line-height

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:53:04 -0500
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:
> "The minimum height consist of a minimum height above the block's baseline
>  and a minimum depth below it, **exactly as if each line box starts with a
>  zero-width inline box with the block's font and line height properties**"
>
> This is not enough?

The problem is that if I'm implementing line-box height calculation, I
would look at that section of the spec, which describes exactly how I
should do it.... except it doesn't.

I agree that the quote you cite is enough to describe how alignment is
handled, though again more cross-refs would help.

-Boris