Re: Scrollbar Code

From: Jackie McGhee <jackie@jackiemcghee.info>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:32:56 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 09:07 PM, Charles Kendrick wrote:

 > You didn't take my point

<snip>

Another consideration is that users may have their scrollbars and other
widgets coloured, sized and configured for their needs in terms of
accessibility. People with motor difficulties may have them larger,
people with sight problems may have them coloured in a specific way
(e.g. high contrast colours). I don't think these folks would take too
kindly to you, me or any designer messing with THEIR scheme on THEIR
machine.

Once you touch browser chrome, you are into the user's desktop (or
wherever). I don't think we really belong there.

Jackie