Re: Scrollbar Code

That's a good point - but that's what "!important" rules in user stylesheets are for.

It is already possible for a designer to create problems for people with motor difficulties, poor
visual resolution, partial or total colorblindness, etc.  I think the way to avoid this to educate
designers about accessibility problems.  Arbitrary limits on what can and cannot be styled won't
really help given that accessibility problems can be created anywhere by a designer who isn't aware
of accessibility concerns.

Also, if I can't style the scrollbars, I can't offer novice users a high contrast / poor motor skills
skin for my site or web application.  I'm not saying that just to say it, by the way.  Our product
does offer skinnability, and we have had requests for a high-contrast skin.  At the moment we can
accomodate that via our DHTML scrollbars, but not via plain CSS.