Re: box-sizing: border-box;

From: Scott Romack <sromack@PTSTEAMS.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:22:43 -0600
To: <www-style@w3.org>
You are correct, Thanks, I was looking at opera in non Strict mode.

My comment stems in fact from the CSS3 document
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#box-sizing
"The property 'box-sizing' was first proposed to provide an upgrade path
for certain browsers that interpreted 'width'
<http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#width>  the wrong way.
'Box-width' <http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#box-width>
and 'box-height'
<http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#box-height>  are
proposed as improved versions of 'box-sizing'
<http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#box-sizing> . However,
newer versions of those browsers have already fixed the bug and it is
not clear that these properties are really needed anymore."

I misread "these properties are not needed" as refering to the
box-sizing not the box-width and box-height, sorry.

My statement is simple I don't like the content-box model! could someone
persuade me otherwise? I just don't understand why if I say; div
{width:200px;padding:7px;border:2px} that width dosn't mean 200px.

Thanks again, shaggy www.lucen8.com