Re: box-sizing: border-box;

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:33:25 -0500
To: "Scott Romack" <sromack@PTSTEAMS.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> My statement is simple I don't like the content-box model! could someone
> persuade me otherwise? I just don't understand why if I say; div
> {width:200px;padding:7px;border:2px} that width dosn't mean 200px.

Note that adding the box-sizing property would involve expanding the section on
computing widths and heights a good deal (as well as changing what "computed
width" actually means, possibly).

For example, what is the correct layout of:

  width: 10px; padding: 5px; border: 6px

with border-box sizing?

Boris
--
"Why can one call the time component of the preceding 4-vector
by the name energy?  For two reasons:  First, because this time