RE: Scope of :hover

From: Peter Foti (PeterF) <PeterF@SystolicNetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:21:35 -0400
To: "'Ernest Cline'" <ernestcline@mindspring.com>, "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>

Hi Ernest,

From the links you provided:

The :hover pseudo-class applies while the user designates an element (with
some pointing device), but does not activate it.

I read "while the user designates an element" to mean "while the user
designates ANY element", since there is nothing here to indicate that "an
element" means any particular elements.

Also, the CSS tests seem to agree with this interpretation:

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS3/Selectors/20011121/html/interactive/fl
at/css3-modsel-18b.html

Regards,
Peter Foti