Re: Re: interpretation of float model - Mozilla vs Opera & IE

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:14:14 -0400
To: jnoreiko@yahoo.com
CC: www-style@w3.org, dbaron@dbaron.org

> From: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko@yahoo.com>
>
> While we're on the subject of what CSS can't do:
> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FooterBeneathSidebar

FYI, I updated that page with the clear: both; solution - but I agree, this isn't ideal. As Tantek states, when floats happen to wrap, they don't expand to the full width of the page, as would be ideal in a "liquid" design of columns that are amenable to vertical arrangement in a narrow display.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/