Re: Nominate definition of "presentation"?

From: J. David Eisenberg <catcode@catcode.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:32:00 -0600 (CST)
To: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
cc: www-style@w3.org

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Shelby Moore wrote:

> This is important enough to deserve a new thread.
>

> =====
> 1. Implementation specifications which conform to markup specifications are
> conforming and are thus presentation.  Most of CSS is.  Any portions of
> implementation specifications will which allow non-conformance to markup
> specifications are "non-conforming semantic layer".[1]
> ======
>

> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0110.html
>

> Can every one agree this is one useful way of defining "presentation"??

Sorry, but I must be exceptionally ignorant (or worse, stupid)--I don't
understand this definition at all.  A succinct, concrete example would
help me get it through my thick, concrete skull.

And no, I have not read the other thread in its entirety, in depth.
(I'm sure the examples are somewhere in there.)

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/