Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:59:47 +0000 (GMT)
To: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Shelby Moore wrote:

> I remember you wrote in this thread that citing normative references
> is very important.  Where is your normative reference which states
> that specification _completely_ controls semantics??

I have already replied to this twice, once in my last e-mail:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0074.html

...and once in the e-mail before that:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0074.html

...and you _still_ haven't replied to the numerous arguments I made in
the e-mail before _that_:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0054.html

...that were unrelated to semantics but covered the various other
technical issues you brought up.

You are now ignoring my arguments and simply replying as if I haven't
replied to yours, even avoiding quoting my questions. Please don't let
this thread become a farce.