Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:26:01 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, John Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>

At 05:19 PM 1/5/2003 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:

[...]
>I agreed that a specification cannot completely control the semantics
>of the language it specifies, because other specificaitons can enhance
>those semantics.
>
>However, that is a far cry from (indeed, it is the opposite of) saying
>that implementations control the semantics.

Rather than reply to your points, I will just go straight to the final
answer since it supercedes your points.

See the following 2 posts for final answer:

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0104.html

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0102.html

-Shelby Moore