Re: [CSS] Rules for parsing and compatibility

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:51:31 -0500
To: Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio@myrealbox.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> O.k. Excuse my ignorance. Would you point me to an earlier discussion
> which suggests pretty much the same exact method?

Interestingly enough, searches on "group rules", "group declarations",
and similar variants turn up nothing useful.  Searches on "group" turn
up far too many results to usefully browse via the web interface.

So I'm left hoping that someone who keeps private mail archives for this
list will come up with the relevant links...

One issue I distinctly recall is that a definition of what it means to
"support" a property was pretty slippery... should the block be dropped
if a single property in it can't be parsed?  Or if it can't be applied?
  What does "applied" mean?  And so forth.

-Boris