Column text color

From: Sandy Smith <ssmith@forumone.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:18:54 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Jason Lefkowitz <jlefkowitz@forumone.com>

http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1070385285&count=1

This is a total off-the-top-of-my-head idea but what about building in
a CSS accessor for the TD element's "header" property? That way as a
table cell is being evaluated, a property like:

td::header#myColumn { color: red }

...would take precedence over any definition for a TR element.

So you wouldn't be able to use the COL element, but a similar property
of header might work--the problem would be to work out which took
precedence if two headers applied. In other words, you could fake it.

I couldn't find any such thing in a quick scan of the specs, but
perhaps this will spark something in someone with deeper knowledge.

--
Sandy Smith, Senior Programmer
Forum One Communications, Inc.