RE: Column text color

From: <Matthew.van.Eerde@hbinc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:28:48 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org, ssmith@forumone.com

You mention a precedence between the inheritances
<col> -> <td>

as a technical point I believe that there is NO CSS INHERITANCE under
current specifications other than through the document tree.  As a <col> tag
has no children, any class="" or style="" attributes declared on a <col> are
meaningless.

For me, this is a major regression from HTML to CSS - I'd love to be able to
style a column easily but I CAN'T.  There are so many times when I want
certain columns as text-align: right; for example, or text-decoration:
line-through, or font-weight: bold, or...