RE: Color on non-text content in CSS3

From: Stark, Peter N <Peter.N.Stark@sonyericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:20:21 -0500 (EST)
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
Chris,
Thanks for your answer. One question below:

Chris wrote:

> On Friday, 22 March, 2002, 09:23:27, Peter wrote:
>
> SPN> I find no CSS3 property to put color on non-textual content such
> SPN> as form controls and list bullets. The 'color' property I think
> SPN> is for text content only.
>
> That is its definition, yes. That is why SVG moved from using the
> color property for graphical objects, to using its own fill and stroke
> properties.

Would it be considered an error according to the CSS2 spec. if the following generated red radio buttons?

	<input type="radio" style="color:red" />

After all, the following generates red text:

	<input type="text" style="color:red" />

> Arguably, list bullets are text, and are generated content of the list
> element. Thus, a list with red bbullets and green list items can be
> made by setting color to red on the list container and green on the
> list items.

Yes, I was mistaken about list bullets, they can be colored using the 'color' property.

<ul style="color: red" >
</ul>

regards,

--