Re: Color on non-text content in CSS3

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:54:33 +0100
To: "Stark, Peter N" <Peter.N.Stark@sonyericsson.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On Friday, 22 March, 2002, 09:23:27, Peter wrote:

SPN> I find no CSS3 property to put color on non-textual content such
SPN> as form controls and list bullets. The 'color' property I think
SPN> is for text content only.

That is its definition, yes. That is why SVG moved from using the
color property for graphical objects, to using its own fill and stroke
properties.

Arguably, list bullets are text, and are generated content of the list
element. Thus, a list with red bbullets and green list items can be
made by setting color to red on the list container and green on the
list items.

For additional control over form widgets, see
  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-userint