Input text submit whatever

From: Nico De Beer <NDeBeer@mweb.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:58:26 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>

Hi I've been spending time in the forums as well as on the net in search for the answer
 as to why I can't assign a background-color to input text and a different one to input submit
the syntax differed from input:text input-text and what I believe was the agreed standard
input[type=text]

How ever none of the above changes anything on both ie 4.0 -- 6.0 and Mozilla

Now Question is has it not been implemented or is it using a different syntax or am I just not getting it right

Regards
nico de Beer

Are you ready for Telkom's 10-digit dialling? To find out how this will affect your Internet connection in the not too distant future, go to www.mweb.co.za/ten