Re: Input text submit whatever

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:58:26 +0200
"Nico De Beer" <NDeBeer@mweb.com> wrote:

> Hi I've been spending time in the forums as well as on the net in
> search for the answer as to why I can't assign a background-color to
> input text and a different one to input submit the syntax differed
> from input:text input-text and what I believe was the agreed
> standard input[type=text]
>
> How ever none of the above changes anything on both ie 4.0 -- 6.0
> and Mozilla
>
> Now Question is has it not been implemented or is it using a
> different syntax or am I just not getting it right

input[type=text] {
  background: red;
}

with

<form>
<input type="text">
</form>

works perfectly in my copy of Mozilla and Konqueror, but not Opera. I
believe Opera doesn't support the changing of form fields (something
to do with the widget set it uses) and IE doesn't support attribute
selectors.

Currently I believe you have to resort to classes if you want IE
support.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.