Re: CSS, css, etc. [css layout should be symmetrical]

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 02:50:17 -0500
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> which renders differently in Mozilla 0.9.8 comparing to Konqueror.

I just tested with 0.9.8 and it works fine for me.  See:

http://web.mit.edu/bzbarsky/www/testcases/tableStyle.html

(screenshot at http://web.mit.edu/bzbarsky/www/testcases/tableStyle.png).

Also see

http://web.mit.edu/bzbarsky/www/testcases/tableStyle2.html

which does _not_ work in Mozilla, either 0.9.8 or current tip builds.
The reason is that I have placed a 0x160 character before each rule.
The definition of whitespace (the "S" production in the grammar) is
"[ \t\r\n\f]+". Note that 0x160 is thus not whitespace for purposes of
CSS, and should be treated as part of the selector, imo.

Boris
617-864-9910
    "What the hell are you getting so upset about?  I
thought you didn't believe in God."
    "I don't," she sobbed, bursting violently into
tears, "but the God I don't believe in is a good God, a
just God, a merciful God.  He's not the mean and stupid
God you make Him out to be."

                     --Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"