Re: CSS, css, etc. [css layout should be symmetrical]

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:25:39 +0300
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Thursday 21 February 2002 21:34, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
|   > Do you have different results?
|
|   Yes, I do.  Combining your HTML with Daniel's CSS works fine for me in
|   Mozilla...
|
|   I notice that your HTML has lots of 0x160 characters in it.  Does your
|   CSS as well?

Boris, Daniel:

in sentence "Do you have different results?" I was refering to Daniel's
example:

which renders differently in Mozilla 0.9.8 comparing to Konqueror.
I understand that both of you may run Mozilla CVS version, so you may have
this bug fixed.
And indeed it seems that you have different results.
Can you post screenshot somewhere or explain what kind of rendering you get?

As about 0x160 characters:
As it was found some time ago, it is non-breakable space (and it was causing
problems, in particular, to Opera, but no problem with Konqueror or MS IE).

Do you have a problem with those characters in Mozilla?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)