Re: Browser support for downloadable fonts in CSS

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:51:17 -0800
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
>At 5:42 PM +0000 2/7/02, Vadim Plessky wrote:
>I apologize in advance for asking, but:
>  Does it makes sense to add (or unify) support for CSS2 Fonts, when CSS3
>specification is already in progress?

Yes, because CSS3 is still a work-in-progress and therefore is not
appropriate for use on consumer-use software. It could be done as
a sample implementation by beta versions of browsers, but until a
specification is complete and approved by the W3C, I certainly don't
want to see it in any mainstream browsers, especially if it's done
in preference to CSS2-approved stuff.

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com