Re: CSS2.1 Various Inline-related Stuff

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:15:06 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
cc: www-style@w3.org

> If you answered three, read part II of
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2001Jun/0006.html

I answered three.  Then I read that mail.  Then I wondered yet again how
:before and :after can possibly make any sense when applied to a
replaced element, given that the CSS2 spec makes it pretty clear that
the boxes generated by these pseudo-elements are children of the box
generated by the element they are applied to.  Which is quite impossible
for replaced elements, no?

Boris
--
Windows 95:
   (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for