Re: New drafts, CSS 2.1, css3-webfonts, css3-fonts, css3-background, css3-ui

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:35:42 -0400
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
cc: www-style@w3.org

> > Two examples off the top of my head:
> >  * Weight of non-CSS presentational hints --- changed, but supported
> >    as per CSS 2 in (at least) Internet Explorer 5 and 6.
>
> I believe that CSS2.1 documents what has been implemented, not just in
> IE5&6, but also in other browsers as well.

I'm sorry, but that's not correct as far as I can tell.  I just tried
putting

font { font-size: 10px }

in my user stylesheet in Mozilla.  Then I loaded a document with

in it.  The font size I saw was the size corresponding to 'size="7"',
not "10px".

Further, I checked the code and the presentational hints are being
handled by an internal "stylesheet" object that is inserted into the
cascade at the "author" level right before any of the actual stylesheets
specified by the author...

Boris

My comments are mine, not those of the Mozilla project in any way.