Re: CSS 2: Table Cells and the "line-height" Property

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:15:34 +0300 (EEST)
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
cc: <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> The Mozilla interpretation seems to argue for theoretical purity (as
>>> defined by its own interpretation), whereas it seems there is room
>>> for a little more pragmatic common sense.
>
>But I'm not arguing that this interpretation is the only valid one!

It's just a good one, if somewhat surprising. Wasn't it that setting
line-height on block-level elements gave the minimum height of a line box?
Why not simply put a td,th{line-height:0;} into one's stylesheet and be
happy that we still have the typographically nicer option of leaving
line-height be? That does lead to shrink-wrapping, doesn't it?

Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>, aka decoy, student/math/Helsinki university