Re: CSS 2: Table Cells and the "line-height" Property

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:21:43 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
To: Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
cc: <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Tantek Celik wrote:

> This paragraph summed it up nicely:
>
> James Aylard wrote:
>
>> The Mozilla interpretation seems to argue for theoretical purity (as
>> defined by its own interpretation), whereas it seems there is room
>> for a little more pragmatic common sense.

But I'm not arguing that this interpretation is the only valid one!

> I have defined in this public forum what we do with the 'normal'
> value, and our reasons for doing so (backward compatibility with
> common use).

And I've given a description of a model in which this can be described
within the spec.

Frankly I do not understand what you believe the spec says vs what you
believe the spec should say.

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'