Re: CSS1 compliance/support (was Re: @version rule)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:50:52 +0200
To: bert@w3.org
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
* Bert Bos wrote:
>> Bert: Could you add to the errata item that the underscore change also
>> applies to section 4.1.3 and appendix B? Thanks!
>
>I added an errata for section 4.1.3, but what exactly should I write
>about appendix B?

I think the best thing would be to change the CSS Level 1 errata at
http://www.w3.org/Style/css1-updates/REC-CSS1-19990111-errata.html and
list the omission of the underscore for identifiers as another known
error in CSS Level 1; it would then not be required to list this in
appendix B of CSS Level 2. Otherwise we'd need a new appendix B.4 for
CSS Level 2 listing the syntactic changes from CSS Level 1. The section
could then read

  * The underscore (U+005F) is now allowed in CSS identifiers