Re: @version rule

George Lund wrote:

> What is needed is a mechanism for grouping CSS rules, such that either
> they are all rules in the group are applied or none are. This would
> allow user and author stylesheets to interact without the risk that a
> setting in one, while not overriding the setting in another, render the
> page unreadable. The present situation leaves a serious risk of this
> happening especially when fixed positioning is used.

Seems to me that this would also be entirely consistent with backward
compatibility; eg:

@combine {
  selector1 { attr1: val1 };
  selector2 { attr2: val2 };
}

If the defined behavior for "@combine" was "either all should succeed or
all should fail", then it would be interpreted correctly by UAs that
don't understand @combine: all would fail!

Thoughts? Anyone in the WG think this is an idea worth pursuing, or
should we all just give up and go home?

Stuart.