Re: New draft: css3-selectors

fantasai wrote:

> Re: column-child
>
>   One thing I would really like to see is a way of selecting
>   descendants of table columns. Since CSS is based on the
>   document tree, that's not possible, but.. *sigh* ~_~

Your point was a known problem of table DTDs more than fifteen years
ago, fantasai...

There is no real answer. Only one option is available : allow the style
language to have dual inheritance using an id/idref (or equiv.) present
in the markup... Grif (and probably then Amaya) resolved that with
hard-coded algos.

This does not easily fit in the css model but I am going to think about it.

</Daniel>, first implementor of a wysiwyg CALS table editor a looonnngg
time ago