Re: SAC: Simple API for CSS

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:26:51 +0200
To: Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr
CC: www-style@w3.org
Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Well, it is IMHO a very good thing. But I just regret to be informed
> so late ! Why does the information come only now to the CSS+FP WG ???

  That's my fault. I worked for time to time on this project and now work
during my spare time on SAC.

> We (EDF) have built in Java a complete STTS parser - and STTS reuse
> the CSS grammar - and could have given some interesting ideas and
> clues. Our software could even have been a proof of concept for SAC.
>
> I'll send comments on the API itself later on.

  I already have a Java parser implementation of SAC, but I'm waiting
for comments on the API itself before releasing the parser.
  The C version is also important for browser (Opera, Mozilla, Amaya, ...)
but I don't have time to develop it.

Philippe.