Re: SAC: Simple API for CSS

From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:43:04 +0200 (MET DST)
To: plh@w3.org (Philippe Le Hegaret)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> The first beta version of SAC (Simple API for CSS) is ready :
>
>  http://www.w3.org/Style/css/SAC/
>
>  Like SAX, SAC is a standard interface for CSS parsers. This API has been
> produced as part of the W3C Style Activity [1].
>  Java and C versions are provided.
>
>  Comments are welcome.

Well, it is IMHO a very good thing. But I just regret to be informed
so late ! Why does the information come only now to the CSS+FP WG ???

We (EDF) have built in Java a complete STTS parser - and STTS reuse
the CSS grammar - and could have given some interesting ideas and
clues. Our software could even have been a proof of concept for SAC.

I'll send comments on the API itself later on.

</Daniel>