Re: Official statement from Microsoft concerning CSS, XSL and US Patent No. 5,860,073

Inanis Brooke wrote:

 > This information does not answer about CSS, however... For the record, who
 > originally submitted CSS in 1994? Wasn't it Hakon Lie?

Yes, I first proposed and published CSS in October 1994 [1]. That
proposal is referenced (along with several other descriptions of style
sheets) in Microsoft's patent application which was filed in July 1995
[2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/People/howcome/p/cascade.html
[2] http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US05860073__&language=en

-h&kon

H   å   k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org      http://www.w3.org/people/howcome
World     W      i     d     e       Web  Consortium