W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > August 1999

Re: Inserting text with CSS

From: Firespring <firespring@nfx.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:49:38 -0400
Message-ID: <37C56212.12F8954D@nfx.net>
To: Frank Boumphrey <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
CC: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr>, Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, Zsolt Czinkos <czinkos@mail.matav.hu>, www-style@w3.org

Frank Boumphrey wrote:
> My 2 cents worth,
> the lack of a proper implementation of a content property forces me to write
> my own software for numerous applications, instead of simply having to rely
> on CSS
> Frank

My extra penny is that I am in exactly the same boat as Frank. A
well-implemented content property would be very useful.

On another subject that I posted a message asking about a couple of
weeks ago, the "transparent" property is defined, but I wonder if
a "bleed" property might also be defined? What I mean is, if
I place an image in a block, I have found some cases where I would
like the image to translucently bleed over the edges a bit so as to 
mesh less harshly with a graphic in a neighboring block. Kind of a
fade-in, fade-out effect. Has any such property been defined? Is one
under consideration? Or is there some better way to do this that
I'm just missing?


Rick Johnson
Received on Thursday, 26 August 1999 11:41:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 May 2016 14:26:51 UTC