Re: Capitalize across "span"

From: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 11:03:36 -0500
To: Clive Bruton <clive@typonaut.demon.co.uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Clive Bruton wrote:

> Is it possible to change a string to uppercase across a span?
>
> IE:
>
> SPAN.CAP { text-transform; uppercase }
>
> <SPAN CLASS=CAP>make THIS Caps becAUSE it'S ALL Mixed UP</SPAN>
>
> I've tried a few variants on the above { font-variant; uppercase } etc,
> but don't seem to be getting very far.

Yes,  that should work.  But you need to get the syntax right:

span.cap { text-transform: uppercase }

although you really needn't specify the tag:

.cap { text-transform: uppercase }

is quite sufficient.  This works fine in netscape 4, in my browser and I
presume in ie 4.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com