Re: Capitalize across "span"

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 09:32:09 +0100
To: Matthew Lye <mlye@trentu.ca>
CC: W3C style list <www-style@w3.org>

Matthew Lye wrote:

> A test page somewhere consisting merely of a list with each code
> alongside a description of what the character ought to look like would be
> useful for checking compliance...

The Unicode consortium has that information:
http://charts.unicode.org/Unicode.charts/normal/Unicode.html

> in general, that sort of thing would be
> useful to resolve compliance issues.  Developers might go the little
> extra distance to be fully X-compliant rather than 'X-compliant!!!' if it
> was easy to point out that actually, they weren't....  test pages might
> be a plausible W3C activity.

Test pages are indeed a plausible W3C activity - we are producing testpages
for CSS. Initialy for CSS1, then for CSS2 (no they aren't ready yet).

The CSS test suite will of course be announced here when it is ready.

--
Chris