JavaScript-CSS oddity

From: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 10:00:42 -0500
To: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>, "Eric A. Meyer" <emeyer@sr71.lit.cwru.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
While working on some pages where I had added <SPAN> tags merely to
complement the design for CSS browsers, I started having trouble with the
lower half of the page being truncated. This was after adding
document.write (a notoriously buggy function) to the page in order to hide
some scripted HTML from down level browsers. To make a very long story
short, I found that removing all <SPAN> tags from the page alleviated the
problem. The document.write was inside a table cell (yes, I know, I was
asking for trouble). This is in NN4.02 and NN4.04. It seems SPAN and
document.write do not mix. I wonder if this is something to do with JSS?

Steve

   _/ Steve Knoblock                   19th Century Photography
   _/ editor@city-gallery.com      http://www.city-gallery.com/