RE: JavaScript-CSS oddity

From: Humphries, William <WHumphri@epri.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:32:49 -0500 (EST)
To: "'Steve Knoblock'" <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
The problems with NN4.X and JavaScript-CSS are not restricted to <SPAN>
elements.

The body element of the page at http://www.whump.com/misc/nsbug.html
loses its border attributes after a <NOSCRIPT>. I've submitted this as a
bug report to Netscape and have yet to hear from them. Does anyone from
Netscape read this list?

Since, under HTML 4.0 <div> can contain <div>, I've experimented with a
#mainbody element in my style sheet that contains the body level
formatting and wrapping the whole page after <body> in <div
id="mainbody">...</div> construct. Seems to work on Macs, but needs
testing on WinTel.