Re: overflow and subsequent boxes

From: Frank Boumphrey <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:48:32 -0400
Should it start at the end of the overflowed text, or should
>it be adjacent the boundary of the previous box, just as if text had not
>overflowed?

I think the latter (as interpreted in IE5) is correct. To test you should
either reverse your paragraphs or duplicate the second)<g>

I just tested it in Raptors viewer.exe
(NS5), and got the same result

from the spec:

hidden
This value indicates that the boxes are clipped and that no scrolling
mechanism should be provided to view the content outside the clipping
region; users will not have access to clipped content. The size and shape of
the clipping region is specified by the 'clip' property.

and later

A clipping region defines what portion of an element's rendered content is
visible. By default, the clipping region has the same size and shape as the
element's box(es). However, the clipping region may be modified by the
'clip' property.

But I agree it is not 100% clear.

Frank

Frank Boumphrey