Grouped stylesheet statements

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 22:18:51 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Stuart Harris <sirrah@baluga.maximumaccess.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Stuart Harris writes:

 > It would be convenient to have accepted notation for defining all four
 > (or however many) at once. I can't find any such notation in the current
 > CSS docs, so I propose that it be considered for a future version.
 > Perhaps something such as...
 >
 > #player1pic;
 > #player2pic;
 > #player3pic;
 > #player4pic;
 > {
 >   position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
 > }

Could I ask you what CSS docs you looked through? Did you see the CSS1
Recommendation [1]?

Anyway, the following syntax is supported in CSS1:

  #player1pic, #player2pic, #player3pic, #player4pic {
    position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
  }

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome