Grouped stylesheet statements

From: Stuart Harris <sirrah@baluga.maximumaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:21:09 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm beginning to find the needs of Dynamic HTML are forcing me to write
repetitive style statements such as:

#player1pic {
  position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
}

#player2pic {
  position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
}

#player3pic {
  position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
}

#player4pic {
  position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
}

These would represent 4 DIVs that have the exact same initial style, but
need to be labelled separately because later some or all of them may be
made visible, or dragged around the screen, by user activity.

It would be convenient to have accepted notation for defining all four
(or however many) at once. I can't find any such notation in the current
CSS docs, so I propose that it be considered for a future version.
Perhaps something such as...

#player1pic;
#player2pic;
#player3pic;
#player4pic;
{
  position: absolute; top: 5; left: 300; visibility: hidden;
}

Cheers,
--
Stu Harris