Re: Does an @media cascade with the generic sheet?

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:03:37 -0600
To: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> ignored.. The spec does not currently state which one is ignored. If
> you think it should, I welcome your suggestions for a rule..

I think it should state something to the effect that if an @font-face
with the same face nam is declared in multiple places then the most recent declration in the
current media block is to be used and other ones ignored.

> import not a textual include. Restricting @import in this way is
> supposed to help with efficiency..

I'll agree with it being an import not an include, but that second
point of efficiency seems fairly doubtful.

> > @media common   { color: red;
> @media screen, overhead   { color: red;
>      background: green; }
> @media screen {  font-size: 14pt; }
> @media overhead { font-size: 24pt; }

While your solution may be fine for authors of style sheets, it is
difficult to maintain that grouping while doing a specific CSS
editor, and having user-named media components would be helpful,
maybe @section is better than using @media for this.

__