RE: Does an @media cascade with the generic sheet?

From: Chris Wilson (PSD) <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:30:48 -0800
To: "'neil@bigpic.com'" <neil@bigpic.com>, Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Neil St.Laurent [SMTP:neil@bigpic.com] wrote:
>I think it should state something to the effect that if an @font-face
>with the same face name is declared in multiple places then the
>most recent declaration in the current media block is to be used
>and other ones ignored.

You missed part of what Chris (Lilley) said -

>Same font-family name,  font-weight, font-size font-style and
>font-variant (all are used to perform a match). One of them is ignored.
>The spec does not currently state which one is ignored. If you think
>it should, I welcome your suggestions for a rule.

In addition, the character range should also be used to perform a match (on
a character-by-character basis).  If there is an actual conflict (all values
match for a given character in multiple font face declarations), then I
agree with you, the most recent value should be used.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***