Re: Backwards compatibility of new selectors

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:39:16 -0600
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
CC: "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
>   /DIV P/ {...}
> would apply to every sibling P element following a DIV element,
> e.g.:

That is right, the syntax lets you do a lot of silly things.  What
you may be thinking that /DIV P/ does is what the following would do:

/DIV //P//

However, that is equivalent to:

DIV ~ //P/

Now that I look at it I'm going to act on the comment noted in the
draft and state that the /DIV P/ syntax is not really needed, but I
suppose it could have it's uses -- despite how awkward it may be to
implement on a tree document structure...

__